Dr Mark E. Goodrich, MBBS, MPH, FRANZCO
Education and Training
– 2017 Esteemed Member of the Australasian Academy of Facial Plastic Surgery having fulfilled all requirements of membership. – The Australasian Academy of Facial Plastic Surgery
– 2001 FRANZCO Fellow Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Ophthalmologists
– 1999 Royal Australian College of Ophthalmologists Part II Clinical Examination (including Refraction and Pathology)
– 1998 MPH Master of Public Health (Epidemiology and Biostatistics)
– 1995 Royal Australian College of Ophthalmologists Part I Clinical Sciences Examination (Anatomy, Physiology, Optics)
– 1989 Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery, University of Sydney
– 2001 to Present Consultant Ophthalmologist in Coffs Harbour and Mid North Coast, NSW, practising at:
1: Private Specialist Ophthalmology Practice – Coffs Harbour;
2: Private Specialist Ophthalmology Practice – Grafton;
3: VMO Albany Street Day Surgery;
4: VMO Macksville District Hospital;
5: VMO Grafton Base Hospital;
6: VMO Baringa Private Hospital;
7: VMO Bellingen Hospital; and
8: VMO Coffs Harbour Health Campus.
– 2001 Locum Senior Registrar, Bradford Royal Infirmary, Bradford, United Kingdom. Locum Senior Registrar, Princess Alexandria Eye Pavilion, Edinburgh, United Kingdom.
– 2000 Ophthalmology Fellow at Torbay Hospital, Torquay, Devon, United Kingdom. Subspecialty training in cataract surgery and medical retina and oculoplastic surgery.
– 1997 – 1999 Accredited Ophthalmology Registrar, Sydney Eye Hospital, Sydney, NSW.
– 1995 – 1997 Masters of Public Health, University of Sydney.
– 1993 – 1995 General Practice.
– 1991 – 1993 Senior Medical Resident, Royal North Shore Hospital, Sydney, NSW.
– 1990 General Medical Practice.
– 1989 Junior Medical Residency at St Vincent’s Hospital, Sydney, NSW.
Other Professional Activities
– April to July 2009 Aboriginal Outreach Ophthalmology Services in NT, Australia – Aboriginal Communities in Katherine, Gove, Raminginin and Groote Island.
– April 2006 Participation in ‘Eye Comply” with Pfizer, an ongoing audit for Glaucoma and Latanaprost Eye Drops.
– October 2003 Appointed as Approved Medical Specialist to the Workers Compensation Court, NSW.
– August 1999 Outreach Ophthalmology in Papua New Guinea, Laila Foundation.
Dr Goodrich completed an ophthalmic research treatise titled ‘Fibrinogen, Other Cardiovascular Risk Factors and Cataract: The Blue Mountains Eye Study”, for his Master’s degree of Public Health from the University of Sydney.
The was completed under the supervision of Associate Professor Paul Mitchell of the Department of Ophthalmology, University of Sydney and Westmead Hospital, Sydney. Dr Goodrich’s epidemiological and biostatistical research involved the analysis of clinical data collected as part of the Blue Mountains Eye Study, a population based eye study conducted on more than 3,000 people from a defined region west of Sydney.
Dr Goodrich’s expertise lies in study design, statistical analysis of data and interpretation of results in the context of study design limitations.
In satisfaction of the degree Master of Public Health from the University of Sydney -Goodrich ME, Cumming R, Mithcell PM, Koutts J, Burnett L Plasma Fibrinogen and Other Cardiovascular Risk Factors and Cataract Ophthalmic Epidemiology. 1999 Dec; 6 : 279-90.